Adsense

Saturday 23 June 2007

Middlesbrough Jeremie Aliadiere

Middlesbrough Football Club new-boy Jeremie Aliadiere believes his career is just starting.

The French striker completed a £2million transfer from Arsenal earlier this week, and he believes his move to the Riverside Stadium can finally spark his career in The Premiership.

"I am relieved and happy because I felt like I was never going to leave Arsenal," Aliadiere told Sport. "I was at Arsenal for eight years so I am happy to start from new. I can't wait to start training again on July 2 and to see what will happen.

"I have had a good relationship with Southgate from the start. He told me that he has signed me to make me play and that he has been following me for three years. I needed to hear that because I want to play every weekend.

"I don't feel any apprehension. When a club who has been following you for a long time buys you, it means a lot. The people have been very welcoming.

"After all those years on the bench, I only want to play. And Boro are an ambitious club, who plan a solid recruitment to the squad. Even if they aren't Arsenal they want to do something good.

"My career is beginning. I have joined a new club and the coach recognises my talent and will trust me. Now everything depends on me, the cards are in my hands.

"I am as motivated as ever to attack with Boro, to have a great season and to show everybody and most of all to Wenger that he has missed something."

No comments:

adsense