Adsense

Tuesday 22 May 2007

Javier Mascherano - Thanks to West Ham

Javier Mascherano

Javier Mascherano does not regret his ill-fated spell at Upton Park.

"I feel I still have a lot to thank West Ham for," said the midfielder ahead of Wednesday's clash with AC Milan.

"They opened the door for me to come and play in Europe, and I will always be grateful to them for that. If it wasn't for West Ham, I wouldn't be enjoying this special moment with Liverpool now. Rafa Benítez has been crucial to my resurgence this season. Crucial. I was just languishing at West Ham, but he showed faith in me by bringing me here. He's given me back belief in myself by giving me plenty of opportunities to play. He has had a great influence on me already because I am part of a team on the cusp of winning the European Cup."

No comments:

adsense